This page has moved to a new address.

Fly Like a Bird and Shit Like an Elephant

In the "Cult of Escapism": Fly Like a Bird and Shit Like an Elephant

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Fly Like a Bird and Shit Like an Elephant


I have no actual blog post for this title, I was just reading one of the Peace Corps manuals about teaching business skills and came upon a phrase that basically translates to: 'fly like a bird and lay down like an elephant.' The metaphor still confuses me but I think it's basically saying that a succesful business needs good promotion in many places (bird), but also masters the details of its operations (elephant?).

Anyway, I didn't know the verb deponer, so I looked it up and discovered that it means either 'to lay down' or 'to defecate.' Which means, depending on how you receive the translation, I could be advising aspiring entrepreneurs to 'fly like a bird and shit like an elephant.'


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home