This page has moved to a new address.

Travelling Riverside Blues

In the "Cult of Escapism": Travelling Riverside Blues

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Travelling Riverside Blues





I am officially a Volunteer.

This past Thursday, I was sworn at the Ambassador's residence with 46 other Volunteers and the President of Panama, Ricardo Martinelli.  The whole thing went down pretty quickly, with two Volunteers giving short speeches and Martinelli giving an excellent and encouraging speech of his own.  Afterwards, he hung out around the food and shook hands and took pictures with everyone.  My picture is in the hands of another Volunteer and will posted here as soon as possible.

I am currently in the "official" Peace Corps hostel in David (a large city in the west of Panama), about an hour and a half from my site.  Tomorrow morning, I'll ride to the riverside once more to begin my two years of service.  Training has been exciting and educational and I hope to impart some of my skills on the small businesses of Soloy. For now, I leave you with a few pictures from training.

A City Under Construction


My host family..and my mustache.


The infamous abuela.


2 Comments:

At November 3, 2010 at 7:47 PM , Blogger Ila said...

Did you grow the bunny ears simultaneously with the stache?

 
At November 8, 2012 at 3:23 PM , Blogger Bama said...

All the pictures add so much. Congratulations! (Way after the fact and actually after your service has ended.) Billie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home